Sunday, February 21, 2010

Walgreens trip 2/20

I also had a good Walgreens night!  I am still learning the whole register rewards thing.

I took advantage of the Fusion Razor that still had the register rewards linked to it.  I had a $6 RR from a previous trip that I used and purchased some Dots.  That transaction was $4.69.  I paid $2.99 for the razor and earned $4 in RR back.  So technically for the Razor and candy I paid $.69 out of pocket!

My second transaction was all screwed up as the line behind me was building up and I wasn't paying attention to what was ringing up.  I purchased another Everpure shampoo because the tag on the isle said it was $4.99, but it rang up $6.99.  I had a $2 off MFR Coupon, what I failed to realize is the $4.99 price was associated with the coupon in the WAGs flyer.  I did the same with the Johnson&Johnson soap I bought.  I didn't want to go back to the store as it was late and started raining.  And with it being the last day of the weekly special, I am just chalking this one up to another lesson learned.  Don't let the people behind me frazzle me....I am a paying customer too!

I only spent $13 out of pocket and I picked up a 6 pack spool of Singer Thread ( it was 2 bucks!), 2 bottles of Johnson&Johnson body soap, another big bottle of Purex laundry detergent and 1 bottle of EverPure Shampoo.  I still saved 50% off the bill, but it would have been alot cheaper if I would have not given in to the "lack of customer patience behind me".

No comments:

Post a Comment